When searching for the best home improvement Boise contractor, going with the lowest price is never the best way to go. Why? Well, skilled labor and quality patio, siding, window, and roofing materials are never cheap.
Additionally, hiring a skilled, experienced contractor means paying them a fair wage. Home improvement companies in Boise typically pay the same price for materials, which means if you end up hiring a cheaper contractor, they will more than likely cut corners on your patio, siding, window, or roofing project with unskilled laborers to provide you with a lower price. These shortcuts are something that may end up costing you thousands in repairs once their labor and workmanship warranty has conveniently expired.
Below are some examples of how a cheap home improvement contractor provides you with the lowest bid:
- The use of cheap materials that won’t hold up against Idaho’s harsh elements.
- The reuse of old materials from your current patio, siding, window, or roof.
- Less hardware than recommended by the manufacturer.
- Unqualified laborers with no project experience.
- Minimum or no insurance to protect your home should something go wrong.
Hidden Costs To Watch Out For
Some home improvement Boise contractors will provide you with a bid, but fail to include all the costs associated with necessary permits, payment terms, extra materials, etc. These initial bids appear lower, but in the end, you will end up paying more than you anticipated with expensive change orders.
What A Home Improvement Bid Should Include
Below are some examples of what should be included in a quality roofing bid.
- The total cost of all materials, labor, and required permits.
- Specific info about the materials being used.
- Verifiable license information.
- Clear payment terms.
- The cost of any changes or add-ones that result in additional charges.
- A clear, termination clause.
Once a home improvement job is complete, you should ask your contractor for a lien release. This will prevent any liens from being placed on your home if a contractor fails to pay their supplier or neglects to pay anyone involved in the project.
Pacific Home & Patio
Are you looking for a trustworthy home improvement Boise contractor to get started on your next project? If so, contact Pacific Home & Patio by filling out our online form or call us at (208) 376-0000. We’ve been providing homeowners with the best home improvement services for over 50 years. As long-standing members of the Treasure Valley community, we look forward to helping you with your residential and commercial improvement needs.