Spring is finally here in the Treasure Valley, and with it comes renewal. As you watch the grass grow and the trees bud, you may be wondering what you can do to liven up the exterior of your home. That’s why Pacific Home & Patio would like to provide you with the following reasons to make a new Boise siding project a part of your spring to-do list.
Reasons To Replace Your Siding
Idaho winters can be brutal, throwing heavy wind and snow at your home’s exterior. The summer isn’t much better because your siding is exposed to constant heat and harmful UV rays. Over time, your siding can begin to break down, compromising your home’s aesthetic appeal and energy efficiency.
Below are some signs that may indicate it’s time to schedule a Boise siding project:
- Holes are an indication that insects have eaten their way through your siding. This leaves your home susceptible to water damage as moisture can enter even the smallest hole.
- Rot, mold, and mildew eat away at your siding and can spread to the rest of your home before you even know there’s a problem.
- Missing, cracked, or loose siding can allow water to enter your home and reduces energy efficiency in the process.
- Bubbled or warped siding can indicate water has collected beneath your siding, endangering the interior of your home.
- Faded siding can indicate your siding has reached the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
Reasons To Choose Vinyl Siding
Low-maintenance vinyl siding has a long lifespan that you won’t have to worry about, providing you with the best protection against Idaho’s constantly changing weather. Furthermore, vinyl siding is more wind resistant and provides better insulation compared to other siding options. In turn, this will help to reduce expensive utility bills by maximizing energy efficiency. Last but not least, vinyl siding boosts the aesthetic appeal of your home, thus increasing its overall value. The best part? Color options are almost endless, allowing you to choose the perfect one to freshen up your home.
Choosing The Right Look For Your Home
Choosing a new look for your home can be stressful, especially when you’re replacing the vinyl siding that will last you 10-15 years. When you decide to book a Boise siding project, take the time to look at your neighbor’s homes and review any HOA requirements that may influence your color choices.
Next, take the time to consider whether you want your siding to blend or contrast with any brick or stonework around your home. You may also want to consider a color that coordinates with your existing doors and shutters.
Pacific Home & Patio
Replacing your siding is an important decision that can affect your home’s energy efficiency and aesthetic appeal for the next 10-15 years. High-quality vinyl siding can provide you with the look you’ve always wanted and the protection your family deserves. Contact our Treasure Valley office by filling out our online form or give us a call at (208) 376-0000 for a free estimate and more information about the Boise siding services we provide.