If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your patio, consider adding a patio cover. A patio cover in Boise provides shade and protection from the elements, making them perfect for year-round use.
But how are they installed? That’s why Pacific Home & Patio would like to walk you through the installation process step by step. We’ll also discuss the different types of patio covers available and help you choose the one that’s right for your needs. Let’s get started.
The first step in installing a patio cover is to determine the type of cover you want. There are three main types of patio covers:
● Aluminum: These covers are durable and require little maintenance. They’re also available in a variety of colors and styles to match your home’s exterior.
● Wood: Wood patio covers provide a natural look and can be stained or painted to match your home’s existing color scheme.
● PVC: PVC patio covers are made from lightweight, yet durable material. They’re easy to install and come in a variety of colors.
Once you’ve chosen the type of patio cover you want, it’s time to measure your space. This will help you determine how much material you’ll need to purchase.
Now that you’ve chosen the perfect patio cover for your home, it’s time to install it. The installation process will vary depending on the type of cover you’ve chosen.
● Aluminum: Aluminum covers can be installed using either screws or bolts. To secure the cover, first drill pilot holes into the support beams. Then use either screws or bolts to attach the cover to the beams.
● Wood: Wood covers must be attached with nails or screws. To prevent rot, make sure all screw and nail heads are properly sealed. Start by attaching the ledger board to the house wall. Then add support posts as needed and attach them to the ledger board with lag bolts. Finally, add the purlins and attach them to the support posts with screws.
● PVC: PVC covers are easy to install because they’re lightweight and come in pre-cut sections. Simply secure the ledger board to the house wall with screws. Then add support posts as needed and attach them to the ledger board with lag bolts. Next, add the PVC panels and secure them to the support posts with screws.
Now that you know how to install a patio cover, there are a few mistakes you’ll want to avoid during the process.
● First, make sure the ledger board is properly secured to the house wall. If it’s not, the entire cover could collapse.
● Second, be careful not to over-tighten the screws or nails. This could cause the material to crack or split.
● Finally, take your time and double-check all of your measurements before cutting any material. Once it’s cut, you can’t go back.
The entire installation process can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the size and type of patio cover you’ve chosen. If you’re installing a small aluminum cover, you could be done in as little as two hours. However, if you’re adding a large wood cover, it could take up to two days to complete the project.
Once your patio cover is installed, there are a few things you can do to get the most use out of it. First, consider adding curtains or blinds for additional shade and privacy. Second, add some outdoor furniture to create a comfortable space for entertaining. Finally, consider installing lights underneath the cover to extend your use of the space into the evening hours. Installing a patio cover is a great way to improve your home’s curb appeal and increase its value.
While it’s possible to install a patio cover yourself, there are several reasons why you might want to hire a professional.
● First, professionals have the experience and knowledge necessary to ensure the job is done correctly.
● Second, they have access to the proper tools and equipment needed for the job.
● And finally, hiring a professional will save you time and stress.
If you decide to hire a professional, be sure to do your research and choose someone with experience installing a patio cover in Boise.
Now that you know more about patio covers, we hope you’ll contact us at (208) 376-0000 or fill out our online form to learn more about our products and services. Pacific Home & Patio offers a wide variety of covers to choose from, and our experienced team can help you find the perfect one for your home.