Quite often, when homeowners consider home remodeling and upgrading, interior projects tend to take priority over exterior projects. Perhaps you just completed a walk around your home and are noticing that the siding is not looking quite top notch these days. Does this mean it needs to be replaced? Read on for some signs that your siding is in need of an update.
- Is the siding looking warped or faded? Be certain to look very carefully at the areas that receive a lot of sunlight as summers in the Treasure Valley tend to be very intense.
- Are pieces of the siding falling off or rotting away? Look carefully for any deep dents, holes, cracks, or scratches in the
- Does your home feel drafty despite having well sealed windows?
- Is there any moisture under the siding seams? Can you see any visible bowing of the siding?
- Do you feel like your house requires more scraping and painting to look nice than it should?
Answering “yes” to any of the above questions indicates that new siding is most likely a good idea for your home. Keep in mind that any weathering or moisture damage that your home currently has will only continue to get worse over time. Moisture damage can also lead to more serious problems including mold in the walls which, besides being very expensive to clean up, is a huge health hazard for your family.
There are several different types of siding that can work to accommodate different home needs and budgets. Call us today at Pacific Home and Patio at 208-376-0000 and we can discuss your specific situation as we are experts in the selection and installation of proper siding for the climate in Boise, Meridian, Kuna and all the Treasure Valley Idaho as well as Eastern Oregon.
Investing in new siding greatly improves the look and value of your home as well as protecting and keeping your family comfortable inside. If your home is needing new siding, let’s talk about it today.