A great way to keep Sunbrella fabrics looking good and to delay deep or vigorous cleanings is to properly maintain the fabrics. This can be accomplished by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabric, wiping up spills, and spot cleaning.
When it’s time for a thorough cleaning, Sunbrella fabrics can be cleaned while still on an awning frame or, size permitting, they can be removed for cleaning in a washing machine. There is no need for the dryer though because the fabric will dry quickly.
When cleaning Sunbrella fabrics, it is important to observe the following:
- Always use a mild detergent like a dishwashing liquid.
- Water should be cold to lukewarm.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residue.
- Air dry only. Never apply heat to Sunbrella fabrics.
To clean Sunbrella fabric while still on an awning frame, follow these simple steps:
- Brush off loose dirt.
- Hose down.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild detergent, such as Woolite or Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all detergent residue is removed.
- Air dry.
- May not require re-treatment depending on the age of the fabric.
Here is a helpful video: